[ISN] Inside the Ring: Edwards shut down

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 22:40:16 PDT

    http://www.washtimes.com/national/inring.htm

    By Bill Gertz and Rowan Scarborough
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES

    [...]

    Edwards shut down

    Computer systems at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif., were shut down
    this week as a result of the "Blaster" computer worm.

    The desert base is home to the Air Force Flight Test Center, which
    conducts work on the B-2 and B-1B bombers, the airborne laser, the
    Global Hawk unmanned aerial vehicle, the new F-22 Raptor jet fighter,
    the Joint Strike Fighter and other high-tech weapons.

    "We stopped access to our base computer network Monday about 2 p.m.
    because of the Blaster worm," said Air Force Lt. Col. Kerry Humphrey,
    a base spokeswoman.

    "We don't know how much damage was done, but we're slowly but surely
    getting our system back on line."

    [...]

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.