Re: [ISN] Microsoft Toughens Up Outlook

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 22:23:33 PDT

    Forwarded from: Szndiblasio@private

    [Please send the replies to Ms. DiBlasio.  - WK]

    In a message dated 10/15/03 11:25:10 AM Central Daylight Time, isn@private
    writes:

    << The new junk-mail filter uses a neural decision engine, a simple
      form of artificial intelligence, to train itself to recognize spam.
      It considers such factors as the time the message was sent and the
     content and structure of the message.  >>

    Question?

    How can we design a system based on neuron communication when we do
    not know how it really works?

    One other weakness is it's inability to deal with inconsistencies.
    How could they design the rules to be fired?

    It would require a knowledge engineer.  Who will come forward?  Whose
    neuron?

    Answers much appreciated.
    Susan DiBlasio, BBA/MIS

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org