Re: [ISN] Computer sleuths ply Internet

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 02:37:13 PST

    Forwarded from: Mark Bernard <mbernard@private>

    Good morning Associates,

    Thanks for the story...

    It's nice to read about how the HTCIA is playing a role in managing
    cyber-crime. I am a member and founder of the local New Brunswick
    Chapter.

    We now have 38 chapters spanning around the globe across Asia/Pacific
    Rim, Africa, Europe, South America and North America.
    ;http://www.htcia.org

    We are doing what no other agency or association has been able to
    accomplish before by brining private and public businesses together
    with law enforcement. Traditionally businesses have always been leery
    of working with law enforcement but we are breaking down the barriers.
    Businesses are finding out that's its better for business to build
    strong relationships with each other and law enforcement, so that we
    might mitigate incidents before they hit the local headlines and cause
    financial damage to a businesses reputation. However we still need to
    break a few eggs to make an omelette. The perversion of technology and
    greed of humans will always be a factor and we need to work hard
    together to close that gap.

    Best regards for 2004,
    Mark E. S. Bernard, CISM,

    "A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people
    where they don't necessarily want to go but ought to be," Rosalynn Carter.

    Information Security Notice:
    This e-mail is classified as private and is intended for use by the sender
    and recipient "only". Unauthorized access to this e-mail will be dealt with
    in accordance to the Canadian charter of rights and freedoms section 7 and
    8. Link; http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/ ; Legal Rights: 7. Everyone
    has the right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not
    to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of
    fundamental justice. 8. Everyone has the right to be secure against
    unreasonable search or seizure.