[ISN] Announcing The Black Hat Briefings call for papers

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 03:06:53 PST

    Forwarded from: Jeff Moss <jmoss@private>

    BLACK HAT BRIEFINGS CALL FOR PAPERS

    Hello Info Sec News readers, I would like to announce Black Hat's 2004
    initial call for papers!  If you plan on submitting a paper, please
    read the full CFP which can be located at
    http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-usa-04/bh-usa-04-cfp.html

    The Black Hat Briefings was created to fill the need for computer
    security professionals to better understand the security risks to
    information infrastructures and computer systems.

    What makes Black Hat Briefings different? The speakers. We select the
    speakers that are doing unique research, writing the security tools,
    or finding the bugs. No vendor pitches. Just straight talk from people
    who are experts in their chosen field of study.

    If you have original research, new tools, or a fresh perspective on an
    old problem, we encourage you to submit a presentation.  By presenting
    at the Black Hat Briefings you have the opportunity to both influence
    your peers and to contribute to the advancement of the state of the
    art.  We are striving to create a high-end technical conference and
    any talk that helps reach this goal will be given extra attention.

    Topics of discussion will include zero day attacks and defenses,
    forensics, log analysis, physical security, privacy, anonymity, and
    application security.  New for 2004, the there will be a "Turbo Talks"
    track that will consist of 20 minute talks covering subjects that do
    not require a full length presentation slot. Topics can range widely,
    and there are no specific guidelines for what must be included.

    Please do not wait to submit.  Presentations are selected and
    evaluated in the order received.

    IMPORTANT DATES
    June 1, 2004: Call for Papers closes for Black Hat USA 2004. Submit Now.
    July 26-27, 2004: Black Hat USA 2004 Training at Caesars Palace Las Vegas
    July 28-29, 2004: Black Hat USA 2004 Briefings at Caesars Palace Las Vegas

    To register for Black Hat USA Briefings 2004 visit:
    https://www.worldwideregistration.com/registration/blackhat-vegas.html

    Thank you for your time!

    Jeff Moss, Organizer

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org