[ISN] CFP: ISOI III (a DA workshop)

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 23:13:51 PDT

Forwarded from: Gadi Evron <ge (at) linuxbox.org>

CFP: ISOI III (a DA workshop)
=============================

Introduction
------------

CFP information and current speakers below.

ISOI 3 will be held in Washington DC this August the 27th, 28th.

This time around the folks at US-CERT (Department of Homeland Security -
DHS) are hosting. Sunbelt Software is running the after-party dinner.

We only have a partial agenda at this time (see below), but to remind
you of what you will see, here are the previous ones:
http: //isotf.org/isoi2.html
http: //isotf.org/isoi.html

If you haven't RSVP'd yet, please do so soon. Although we have 240
seats, we are running out of space.

A web page for ISOI 3 will be up in a few days at http://isotf.org/isoi3.html

Details
-------
27th, 28th August, 2007
Washington DC -
AED conference center:
http://www.aedconferencecenter.org/main/html/main.html

Registration (RSVP) via contact@private is mandatory, no cost attached to
attending.

CFP
---

This is the official CFP for ISOI 3. Main subjects include: fastflux,
fraud, DDoS, botnets. Other subjects relating to Internet security
operations are also welcome.

Some of our current speakers as you can see below lecture on anything
from Estonia's "war" to current web 2.0 threats in-the-wild.

Please email contact@private as soon as possible to submit a proposal.
I will gather them and give them to our committee (Jeff Moss) for review.

Current speakers (before committee decision)

Roger Thompson (Exp Labs
- Google adwords .. .the dangers of dealing with the Russian mafia

Barry Raveendran Greene (Cisco)
- What you should be asking me as a routing vendor

John LaCour (Mark Monitor)
- Vulnerabilities used to hack sites for phishing
- Using XSS to track phishers

Dan Hubbard (Websense)
- Mpack and Honeyjax (Web 2.0 honeypots)

April Lorenzen
- Fastflux: Operational Update

William Salusky (AOL)
- The Spammer Evolves -  Migration to WebMail

Hillar Aarelaid (Estonian CERT)
- Incident Response During the Recent Attack

Gadi Evron (Beyond Security)
- Strategic Lessons From the Estonian "First Internet War"

Jose Nazarijo (Arbor)
- Botnet statistics from the Estonian attack

Andrew Fried (Treasury Department)
- Phishing and the IRS - New Methods

Danny McPherson (Arbor)
- TBA

Attend Black Hat USA, July 28-August 2 in Las Vegas,
the world's premier technical event for ICT security
experts. Featuring 30 hands-on training courses and
90 Briefings presentations with lots of new content
and new tools. Network with 4,000 delegates from
70 nations.   Visit product displays by 30 top
sponsors in a relaxed setting. Rates increase on
June 1 so register today. http://www.blackhat.com