[ISN] Data Logging to USB Mass Storage Devices

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 04:02:20 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.waterandwastewater.com/www_services/news_center/publish/article_001510.shtml

By Steve Goodman
Water and Wastewater.com
July 23, 2008

Ottawa, Canada -- Control Microsystems, global developer of advanced
SCADA products for the water and wastewater industry, today announced
the industry's first use of USB storage devices for data logging in the
demanding environments of SCADA applications.

Using removable USB storage such as Flash memory sticks, Control
Microsystems. SCADAPack 300-Series controllers can now provide easily
configured and accessible data logs using the alternate methods of
logging to internal memory or to external mass storage devices.

"We are proud to offer the first RTU that provides walk-up SCADA to our
customers", said Dale Symington, VP Product Strategy. "This product
allows for quick and easy data import via a populated USB device that is
connected to any PC running our SCADALog Data Converter utility."

[...]

Attend Black Hat USA, August 2-7 in Las Vegas,
the world's premier technical event for ICT security experts.
Featuring 40 hands-on training courses and 80 Briefings
presentations with lots of new content and new tools.
Network with 4,000 delegates from 50 nations.
Visit product displays by 30 top sponsors in
a relaxed setting. http://www.blackhat.com