[ISN] Maiffret Merges Startup With DigiTrust Group

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 05:05:19 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.darkreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=163300

By Kelly Jackson Higgins
Senior Editor
Dark Reading
September 9, 2008

Legendary hacker Marc Maiffret, who recently started a security venture
after leaving eEye Digital Security, has shifted gears and merged his
new firm with a more established one, DigiTrust Group, a company run by
a friend he met back in high school.

DigiTrust plans to soon roll out managed security services for small- to
medium-sized firms.

Maiffret, 27, last fall quietly left eEye, the company he founded at age
17, and during a sabbatical laid the groundwork for starting up Invenio
Security, a boutique consulting firm that provided security consulting
and training to medium to large businesses, as well as penetration
testing, application security assessments incident response, malware
analysis, and even personal security services for individuals. (See
Maiffret Starts New Security Venture.)

After recently moving from Orange County to Los Angeles for Invenio,
Maiffret says he reconnected with Jason Lidow, a friend he met on the
hacking scene back in the day, but who was not “up to no good like we
all know I was for a couple of my teenage years,” Maiffret says. “I
remember even when we first met he already wanted to start a security
company and wouldn't put that at risk messing around like I did. It just
took me longer to see clearly what I wanted to grow up and do, whereas I
think he knew from the moment he got into learning security.”

[...]

Register now for HITBSecConf2008 - Malaysia! With
a new triple-track conference featuring 4 keynote
speakers and over 35 international experts, this
is the largest network security event in Asia and
the Middle East!
http://conference.hackinthebox.org/hitbsecconf2008kl/