[ISN] MILF restores defaced website

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 03:01:19 -0600 (CST)
http://www.mindanaoexaminer.com/news.php?news_id=20081114082735

Mindanao Examiner
November 14, 2008

COTABATO CITY, Philippines (Mindanao Examiner / Nov. 14, 2008) – The
Moro Islamic Liberation Front has restored its website late Friday after
it was defaced by hackers.

Mohagher Iqbal, a senior MILF leader, earlier said their website, whose
URL http://www.luwaran.com , was hacked by a still unidentified group.
"Our website was hacked by the enemy," he said without further
elaborating.

The website was off line since Friday and its mirror site
http://www.luwaran.net has been redirected Saturday to a forum on this
URL http://forums.luwaran.net.

Television giant GMA 7 reported that the MILF website had several photos
of pigs, animals considered unclean by Muslims.

Links to news articles in the MILF website also led to defaced pages
featuring pigs. "I love pigs," "i love pigs :D," "Prite bac Prite" and
"digdigdig," the headlines read.

Those behind the defacing did not leave signs of their identity,
GMANews.TV reported.

It also quoted reports by radio network dzBB as saying that the Armed
Forces of the Philippines (AFP) denied involvement in the hacking of the
MILF website.

Visit the InfoSec News Security Bookstore
Best Selling Security Books and More!
http://www.shopinfosecnews.org