RE: [ISN] Easter Bunny Continues to Compromise US Military Computers

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 01:40:25 -0600 (CST)
Forwarded from: "Tired_Lifer"

"The problem with news regarding breaches in the US Government is, it
emphasizes the fact that - the US Government really has no clue as to
who is attacking and or compromising their networks."

Really? Actually, it emphasizes the fact that (in the words of a Beltway
saw) --- Them that are talking don't know; them that know aren't talking.

Obviously, all details associated with this incident are classified and
at different levels of classification. I suspect (don't know, so can
say) that the full details and the extent of damage, compromised
information, and counter-intelligence efforts is at the codeword level.

If I did have accurate, classified information, why would I provide a
quote? I like compromising classified information? I like risking my
career and facing legal penalties? Therefore, you get these uninformed
quotes. Since there is no penalty for this, you can get everybody's
personal opinion. Stand-by for the "rogue CIA operation" and "omnipotent
teenager" and "Al-Qaeda precursor" quotes.

If you pay attention to anything, pay attention to what is done and not
said. Back in the day, the Soviets from the embassy never paid any real
attention to what was being said; they always drove by the Pentagon at
night to see what the parking lot looked like.