[ISN] Bank of America Denies Breach

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 00:09:17 -0600 (CST)
http://www.bankinfosecurity.com/articles.php?art_id=3479

By Tracy Kitten
Managing Editor
Bank Info Security
March 28, 2011

Bank of America branches in Greater Detroit were reportedly flooded this
past weekend, after several BofA debit cardholders noticed fraudulent
transactions on their accounts.

According to one local news report, the incident involves more than
$100,000 in fraudulent debit transactions. Over the weekend, Detroit
BofA branches were working to assess the geographic breadth of the
incident, the news report states. How the cards may have been
compromised, such as via a skimming attack, also was not known.

BofA spokeswoman Diane Wagner says BofA has not released any information
about debit fraud, adding, "There was no breach at Bank of America."

BofA does not provide details about potential debit compromises, Wagner
says. "If we think a customer's card has been compromised at a
third-party location, we'll block and reissue the card, which is what we
did in this case," she says.

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/