[ISN] Senior Defense Official Caught Hedging on U.S. Involvement in Stuxnet

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 02:03:30 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/05/defense-department-stuxnet/

By Kim Zetter
Threat Level
Wired.com
May 26, 2011

If you want to see a top Pentagon official squirm, tune into CNBC’s
cyberwar documentary Thursday night, and watch Deputy Defense Secretary
William Lynn face an uncomfortably direct question about the Stuxnet
worm.

In “CodeWars: America’s Cyber Threat,” correspondent Melissa Lee asks
Lynn outright: “Was the U.S. involved in any way in the development of
Stuxnet?”

Lynn’s response is long enough that an inattentive viewer might not
notice that it doesn’t answer the question.

“The challenges of Stuxnet, as I said, what it shows you is the
difficulty of any, any attribution and it’s something that we’re still
looking at, it’s hard to get into any kind of comment on that until
we’ve finished our examination,” Lynn replies.

“But sir, I’m not asking you if you think another country was involved,”
Lee presses. “I’m asking you if the U.S. was involved. If the Department
of Defense was involved.”

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/