[ISN] London Olympics IT team prepares for cyber and physical attacks

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 03:58:08 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/news/2116018/london-olympics-team-prepares-cyber-physical-attacks

By Rosalie Marshall
V3.co.uk

London 2012 chief executive Paul Deighton on Monday officially launched
the technology hub set to play a key role at the Olympics next year and
revealed the exhaustive measures put in place to safeguard the
infrastructure from attack or systems failure.

The Technology Operations Centre (TOC) for the London Olympics contains
180 servers that will be maintained by 450 professionals over the 16
days of the Olympics games and the 12 days of the Paralympics.

The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic
Games (LOCOG) said it had been working closely with IT integrator Atos
to ensure results can be delivered in real-time to all devices connected
to the internet during the Olympics.

"We estimate there will be around nine million devices connected to the
internet in 2012, and we need to ensure they can all access data in a
reliable and secure way in an open environment," said Atos head of
Olympics and major events, Patrick Adiba.

[...]

FINAL CALL to register #HITB2011KUL - Asia's premier
deep-knowledge network security event now in it's 9th year!
http://conference.hitb.org/hitbsecconf2011kul/