[ISN] Lulzsec hacker: 'we still have Sun emails, stored in China'

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 03:58:20 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/oct/10/lulzsec-hacker-sun-emails

By Charles Arthur
guardian.co.uk

The hacker who styles himself "Sabu", erstwhile leader of the LulzSec
hacking crew, claims to have a cache of emails copied from the Sun which
are being stored on a Chinese server, along with data from a number of
other hacks.

But he claimed this weekend that they will not be released yet: "there
are a lot of interesting dumps we're sitting on due to timing," he wrote
on his Twitter feed. He claims that hackers have broken into banks
including HSBC and "a few others" but that they have found "no smoking
guns yet" in the data there.

Sabu – who says his online handle is a tribute to the American
professional wrestler – says that after the arrests in the UK and US of
a number of people alleged to have been involved with the crew, he is
effectively on the run. But his writing also suggests he is staying put
where he lives.

"I'm past the point of no return. Not trying to sound like a bad ass,
however, it's the truth," he wrote. Later he added: "The ironic twist
will be that my own friends will take me down, and not these idiots who
hide behind the patriot veil." He also says that "technically, I'm on
the run, so there you go."

[...]

FINAL CALL to register #HITB2011KUL - Asia's premier
deep-knowledge network security event now in it's 9th year!
http://conference.hitb.org/hitbsecconf2011kul/