[ISN] Lulzlover Hacked Coalition of Law Enforcement, Data Dumped for 2, 400 cops and feds

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 03:54:22 -0600 (CST)
http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/79384

By Ms. Smith
Privacy and Security Fanatic
Network World
12/12/11

In support of OWS, an AntiSec hacker chose to lock and load on
C.L.E.A.R. (Coalition of Law Enforcement and Retail), hack the website,
and dump the entire member database. Passwords, phone numbers, email and
home addresses, and other digital dirt was posted for over 2,400 law
enforcement, feds, military, loss prevention professionals, and big
corporations like Microsoft.

There's been no shortage of OWS video footage and some of the outrageous
stunts the cops have pulled, but it caused another Anonymous hacker to
lock and load on the police. From a land of cracked hashes, located
somewhere over the rainbow tables, comes an AntiSec dump of the "entire
member database" from C.L.E.A.R. Coalition of Law Enforcement and
Retail. The hacker, Exphin1ty, claimed to be a part of Anonymous and
AntiSec when addressing "lulzlovers around the world" on Pastebin. The
leak contains personal data for over 2,400 law enforcement, federal
agents, loss prevention professionals, and big corporations like
Microsoft. While this would seem painfully obvious, @exphin1ty pointed
out, "Governments of the world, '123456' is never a secure pass phrase,
even when hashed. Sigh. #antisec."

"The American law enforcement's inhumane treatments of occupiers has
caught our attention. You have shown through these actions that you are
nothing more than puppets in the hands of your government. We have seen
our fellow brothers & sisters being teargassed for exercising their
fundamental liberal rights, the exact ones that were bestowed upon them
by their Constitution," Exphin1ty wrote in Pastebin announcing the dump.
Here's the rest of his statement:

[...]