[ISN] RSA Preview: 5 Hot Security Worries

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 04:01:27 -0600 (CST)
http://www.informationweek.com/news/security/intrusion-prevention/232601436

By Mathew J. Schwartz
InformationWeek
February 25, 2012

If there's one IT realm that hasn't been quiet over the past year, it's
information security.

"It's been a crazy year. There've just been so many incidents," said
Hugh Thompson, chief security strategist at People Security. "There've
been so many of these--whatever you want to call them--advanced
persistent threats, advanced attacks. What does it mean for big
businesses and how security has to change?"

That's the big question for this year's RSA conference, which is one of
the country's largest gatherings of information security aficionados.
Kicking off Monday in San Francisco, here are some of the hottest
security topics on tap:

1. Securing Employees' Smartphones and Tablets

Mobile devices are highly portable and easy to use. Accordingly, it's a
no-brainer that employees use them to store sensitive business
information. But the devices, being small and portable, have a habit of
getting lost or stolen. In addition, they're increasingly under attack
from growing quantities of mobile malware.

That means securing mobile devices poses a massive headache for
enterprise IT groups, as evidenced by the topic's conference-paper
popularity. "We started a half track this year for mobile, thinking we'd
get some good submissions," said Thompson, who serves as the RSA
conference's program committee chair. "As it turned out, we couldn't
contain it in that half track, and they've just spilled over
everywhere."

[...]

CISSP and CEH training with Expanding Security is the fastest, easiest way
to grock the relevant data you need now.   A free class invite is in every
PainPill.  Sign up for the free weekly PainPill.  It's that easy.
http://www.expandingsecurity.com/PainPill