[ISN] Share cyber data to curb IT crimes

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 02:04:46 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.timesofoman.com/echoice.asp?detail=2512

Times News Service
April 04 2012

Muscat: Following a day focused on international collaboration and
knowledge sharing as potential solutions against the ever-increasing
threat of cyber warfare, Day Two of the Cyber Defence Summit was opened
by Marco Obiso, cyber security coordinator at international
Telecommunication Union (ITU).

Among the experts who contributed on the second day were Shawn Henry,
former executive assistant director, Criminal, Cyber, Response, and
Services Branch, Federal Bureau of Investigation. In 2009, SC Magazine
had termed him as one of the top industry pioneers to have shaped the
information security industry. A year later, he was named ‘Cybercrime
Fighter of the Year’ by McAfee Inc, and as one of the most influential
people in security by Security Magazine.

Henry commented: “We have to share threat data. My threat data will help
enable you to be more secure. It will help you be predictive and will
allow you to be proactive. Despite our best efforts we need to assume
that we will get breached, hence we need to ensure our organisations
have consequence management in its systems that allow us to minimise any
damage.â€

[...]

Please help InfoSecNews.org with a donation!
http://www.infosecnews.org/donate.html