[ISN] THOTCON 0x4 - Chicago's Hacking Conference - Call For Papers [CFP]

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 02:20:10 -0500 (CDT)
http://thotcon.org/cfp.html

What: THOTCON 0x4 - Chicago's Hacking Conference
When: 04.26.13
Where: TOP_SECRET
Call for Papers: Opens 10.01.12

*** ABOUT *****************************************************************
THOTCON (pronounced \ˈthȯt\ and taken from THree - One - Two) is
a small venue hacking conference based in Chicago IL, USA. This is a non pro
non-commercial event looking to provide the best conference
possible on very limited budget.

*** WHEN / WHERE **********************************************************
The THOTCON 0x4 will be held in Chicago, IL on Friday, April 26th, 2013.

It will be held at a location only to be disclosed to attendees and speakers
during the week before the event. It will be in Chicago and
close to a CTA train stop, accessible by bus, cab, and plenty of parking.

*** FORMAT ****************************************************************
The event will have 2 (two) tracks.

There will be nine (9) 50 minute talks selected and nine (9) 25 minute turbo
talks. We are also looking for three (3) 2.5 hour workshops to
to be given during the day as well.

Topics we are interested in: retro computing, forensics, robotics, physical
security, 0-days, application hacking, wireless, malware development/research,
hackerspaces, The Muppets, Penguins, zombies, attack detection, the number 7,
online game hacking, consumer device hacking, beer, and bananas [foster].

Note: THOTCON does NOT broadcast or record any of the talks presented at our
conferences.

*** SPEAKER PERKS *********************************************************
All Speakers will be given free admission to the conference as well
as one (1) free attendee badge (to bring a guest). In addition, 45 minutes talk
speakers who give their presentation as planned, will be
given a THOTCON life-time attendance badge. This means you will be given
free entry to every future THOTCON event for life. All speakers will also have
access to the THOTCON VIP Lounge. This means you will have
access to free food and drink and all day. We don't have anything else to give,
except you can tell your mom and your friends you spoke at THOTCON. Oh yeah,
there is also the Speaker's Dinner the night before
the con that you will be invited to as well.

*** HOW TO SUBMIT *********************************************************
If you are interested in speaking at this event, please send your completed
speaker application [below] to cfp_at_private

Once we receive your submission, you will get an email back within 48-72 hours.
If you do not hear back from us, please resend.

The CFP will close on Jan 1, 2013 or when we feel we have 18 outstanding talks.
We anticipate having all speakers selected
by Feb 1, 2013.

*** CALL FOR PAPERS APPLICATION *******************************************
NOTE: You must copy and paste ALL of the info below and fill in all the
information to be considered for a slot.

Speaker Info
1. Name or Handle or Both:
2. Country/State/City of Residence:
3. Phone Number:
4. Email Address:
5. Have you presented at a con before?
6. If so, which one and when?
7. Brief Bio: [will be printed on website and program]
8. Twitter Handle:
9. Blog or Website:

Presentation Info
1. Presentation Title: [be creative]
2. Presentation Synopsis: [<1 page please]
3. Is there a demonstration? Y or N
4. Is this about a new tool? Y or N
5. Is this about a new exploit? Y or N

Misc.
1. Shirt size: [Men's Sizes]
2. Favorite Beer:
2. Anything you would like to share:

Grant of Copyright Use

I warrant that the above work has not been previously published elsewhere, or
if it has, that I have obtained permission for its publication by THOTCON and
that I will promptly supply THOTCON with wording for crediting the original
publication and copyright owner.

If I am selected for presentation, I hereby give THOTCON permission
to duplicate, record and redistribute this presentation; including,
but not limited to, the conference proceedings, hand outs(s) to the
conference attendees for educational, on-line and all other purposes.

Yes, I, [insert your name], have read the above and agree to the
Grant of Copyright Use.

Agreement to Terms of Speaking Requirements

If I am selected to speak, I, [insert your name], understand that I must
complete and fulfill the following requirements or I will forfeit
my speaking slot:

1) I will complete my presentation within the time allocated to me - not
running over the time allocation.

2) I understand that THOTCON will provide 1 LCD projector, 1 screen, and
microphone. I understand that I am responsible for providing all
other necessary equipment, including laptops and machines
(with VGA output), to complete my presentation. THOTCON will also
provide a semi-stable wifi internet connection during the conference.
If you have a live demo you MUST make a video of it as a backup.
Having a demo fail without a backup video will result in loss of
lifetime badge and future THOTCON speaking opportunities.

I, (insert your name here), have read the above and understand and agree to the
terms as detailed in the Agreement to Terms of Speaking Requirements.

Agreement to Terms of Speaking Remuneration

1) I understand that I will be responsible for my own hotel and travel
expenses.

2) I understand that I will be given 1 THOTCON attendee badge as remuneration
for my speaking at the conference. In addition, once the I have completed a
full-length (non-turbo) presentation I will receive 1 life-time attendance
badge that will allow me to attend ALL future THOTCON events for free.

3) I understand that should my talk be determined to be unsuitable after Ihave
presented, that I will not receive a life-time attendance badge.

I, [insert your name], have read the above and understand and agree to the
terms as detailed in the Agreement to Terms of Speaking Remuneration.

Certified Ethical Hacker and CISSP with ExpandingSecurity.com gives the best
training and support. Last 2012 CISSP and CEH starts Oct. 1! Take action now
and be done before 2012 ends. Best program, best price.
CISSP info signup
http://www.expandingsecurity.com/product/cissp-live-online-10-week-course/
CEH info signup
http://www.expandingsecurity.com/product/ceh-certified-ethical-hacker-online/
Our Live Online classes will not wreck your schedule.