[ISN] Dyson alleges spy stole 'leccy motor secrets for Bosch

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 03:43:12 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.reghardware.com/2012/10/25/dyson_claims_bosch_acquired_motor_designs_unlawfully/

By Caleb Cox
Reg Hardware
25th October 2012

British vacuum cleaner magnate Dyson has started High Court proceedings
against German industrial giant Bosch, claiming its rival swiped its
designs for a new generation of electric motor.

Mark Taylor, Dyson's R&D chief, said: “Bosch’s VP for engineering
employed a Dyson engineer and benefited from our confidential know-how
and expertise. We have spent over 15 years and £100 million developing
high-speed brushless motors. We are demanding the immediate return of
our intellectual property.”

The company claims the worker passed the tech on to Bosch for two years
until Dyson staff uncovered the alleged plot.

Sir James Dyson, who owns 100 per cent of the company that bears his
name, is said to have invested heavily in the development of low-energy
'leccy motors used in the firm's vacuum cleaner and desk fan range.

[...]

Visit the InfoSec News Security Bookstore
Best Selling Security Books and More!
http://www.shopinfosecnews.org