Re: [IWAR] RETHINKING DEFENSE - Revision to 2 MRC Doctrine

From: Mark Hedges (hedgesat_private)
Date: Fri Dec 19 1997 - 00:45:19 PST

    I think a better one would be: "Ares' purpose is the act itself. A task of
    Athena is to mediate the act." I did quote MWILSON as a virtual
    incarnation of Ares and he's okay. Looking for threats and he reads a lot.
    Declan's touched on the right to read argument. Forego the freedom to
    speak without fear of death, that too?

    -- a guy who writes it down

    I wrote:  >> Justice -- Pallas Athena -- leads the military, in ideal. Her
    balanced >> rationality and skillful art of warfare commands over the
    fierce fire of >> Ares, symbol of destructive, violent warfare. == Ares'
    purpose lies in his >> acts themselves. Athena's purpose is far greater.
    ==