Re: [IWAR] ALGERIA will handle terrorists

From: Daniel Roberts (joviteat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 08 1998 - 12:12:24 PST

    So who is surprised?

    After Oklahoma City, the first comments in the press were about
    Islamists, but no 'international' inquiry.

    An in the Congo, after a history of UN and Western support for the
    previous government, the new leaders have legitimate grounds to fear
    that any UN investigations into missing/massacred refugees would end up
    as a tool to attempt to impose external control over the new government.

    Likewise, I do not remember any 'international' inquiries into the
    disappearances in Argentina during the 70s.

    Maybe 'international' inquiries are appropriate for 'developing'
    nations, but not for Western nations.