Re: [IWAR] MER: IW attack on Jordan

From: Mark Hedges (hedgesat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 03 1998 - 16:19:18 PST

    I believe Noam Chomsky, for one, maintains a reputation for entirely
    reasonable and accurate information. That JFK Jr. finally grew up out of
    the Jr. has no bearing whatsoever on the accuracy of their information. The
    fact that members of the organization support independence for Hawaii has
    no bearing whatsoever on the accuracy of their information about Jordan and
    the Middle East.

    I believe what they are trying to do is stop the decades-old history of
    United States imperialism and military domination of the third world, which
    began under Teddy Roosevelt, which uses the intelligencia propaganda
    dissemination machine engineered by Woodrow Wilson, and which now rules
    with an iron fist through the National Security Council. I believe one of
    their purposes is to bring to light the suspension of U.S. Constitutional
    madates on checks and balances in the 1930's, and the situation which
    exists today, in which the President can start wars without approval of
    Congress or the voters, and executive warmaking agencies like the CIA are
    not accountable to Congress or the people from whom Congress extracts
    funding. I believe they wish to bring to light the secret wars of the
    1980's and last half-century; peasant massacres, money laundering, drug
    smuggling, and all. I believe they wish to bring to light the funding by
    elitist, religious upper eschalons of the national security state in the
    U.S. the state of Israel and their wars against their neighbors (be the
    neighbors good in and of themselves or no). I believe they wish to exercise
    their right to speak their opinion on these matters without receiving
    threats of execution. When I say "the right to speak", I do not mean the
    right as guaranteed in one national constitution or another, or some social
    contract with the people with the guns and the money, but the right that is
    given us with life and the ability to think.

    Seems reasonable to me.

    Why don't we take a look at what you're trying to do?

    Mark Hedges