Re: [IWAR] CIA repression manuals declassified

From: Mark Hedges (hedgesat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 30 1998 - 12:38:36 PDT

    Well, in the article at http://www.worldmedia.com/caq/articles/manuals.htm
    they mention a 6 March 1997 Washington post article which discusses the
    Army manuals. Here is the short description from Washington Post:

    >Army's Project X Had Wider Audience
    >
    >Clandestine Operations Training Manuals Not Restricted to Americas
    >
    >By Dana Priest
    >Washington Post Staff Writer
    >Thursday, March 6, 1997 ; Page A01
    >Section: A Section
    >Article ID: 9703060093 -- 1576 words
    >
    >Until the early 1980s, the U.S. military ran an intelligence training
    >program in Latin America and elsewhere using manuals that taught
    >foreign officers to offer bounties for captured or killed insurgents,
    >spy on nonviolent political opponents, kidnap rebels' family members
    >and blackmail unwanted informants, according to recently declassified
    >Army and Defense Department documents.

    Yes, it would be nice to find real, substantial copies of those manuals.
    I'm working on that. The point about the national ID and its purpose of
    social control is clear.

    -hedges-