[RISKS] Risks Digest 23.68

Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 20:18:53 PST

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Weds 26 January 2005  Volume 23 : Issue 68

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/23.68.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Risk Analysis and the War on Terrorism (Curt Sampson on James Fallows)
FBI axes Carnivore, eats investment (NewsScan)
E-waste is piling up (NewsScan)
Drug histories exposed (PGN)
A-List Jury (Howard M Israel)
A-Train in New York City disabled (Ken Knowlton)
F/A-22 crash (Peter B. Ladkin)
Figure this out: system configuration (Lindsay Marshall)
HTTPS .ne. secure (Jeremy Epstein)
No e-mail return address (Louise Pryor)
PayPal contradicting its own security advice (Tim Huckvale)
Re: eBay open invitation to phishing scammers (Drew Dean)
REVIEW: "Outsourcing Information Security", C. Warren Axelrod (Rob Slade)
REVIEW: "Degunking Your Email, Spam, and Viruses", Jeff Duntemann (Rob Slade)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)