[RISKS] Risks Digest 25.28

Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:48:53 PDT
RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Tuesday 12 August 2008  Volume 25 : Issue 28

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/25.28.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Internet attacks against Georgian web sites (Gadi Evron, Gadi Evron)
Russia/Georgia: Tanks, Bombers, Keyboards (Edward Rice)
Patch for Web Security Hole Has Some Leaks of Its Own (John Markoff via PGN)
MIT Students Gagged by Federal Court Judge (EFF via David Farber)
CloudAV (Rob Slade)
Two on-line travel booking risks (Chris Drewe)
'Fakeproof' microchipped British e-passport ... (Lars Poulsen)
Re: Unsuspected travelers' laptops may be detained ... (Steven M. Bellovin,
  R. G. Newbury)
Re: GPS causes nightmare vacation (Fernando Pereira)
Re: How reliable is DNA ...? (Michael Black, Steve Schafer)
Re: Neglecting to logout from Skype ... (Al Macintyre)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)