[RISKS] Risks Digest 25.58

Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 14:41:02 PST
RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Sunday 22 February 2009  Volume 25 : Issue 58

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/25.58.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Buffer overflows in SHA-3 submissions (Joy Marie Forsythe)
Re: Train brake failure - broken valve (Al Stangenberger)
Due Diligence or is that "Don't..."? Citibank fraud (David Lesher)
Digital Archivists, Now in Demand (Conrad De Aenlle via Monty Solomon)
Re: Wikipedia prankster dupes German media (Debora Weber-Wulff)
Re: Control-Alt-Eject? French Navy grounded (CBFalconer)
Capital One Phishing Warning is dangerous (Marc Auslander)
Re: The mystery of 'Ireland's worst driver' (Bernard Lyons)
Re: Hiding in plain sight (Phil Smith III)
Bounds checking in C (Andrew Koenig)
The risks of Silver Bullets (Michael Smith)
Re: Tony Hoare: "Null References" (Steven M. Bellovin, Dimitri Maziuk,
  Randy Saunders)
Related to blacklists for antispam (De Vries Duane)
Re: Dates of birth are not unique identifiers (David E. Ross)
Re: USAA Web site follies (Jonathan Kamens)
Alert TA09-051A -- Adobe Acrobat and Reader Vulnerability (US-CERT via
  Monty Solomon)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)