[RISKS] Risks Digest 25.87

Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 11:20:25 PST
RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Tuesday 15 December 2009  Volume 25 : Issue 87

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/25.87.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
A Deluge of Data Shapes a New Era in Computing (John Markoff via PGN)
Forensics, COFEE, and Decaf (PGN)
Encryption Considered Harmful (Curt Sampson)
Toronto subway line closed for 6 hours after tunnel pierced by gas line crew
  (Tony Harminc)
Happy Holidays? (Zach Tudor, Jeremy Epstein)
Re: The Joy of satellite navigation failures (Michael D. Sullivan)
Re: Teleportation via Skyhook (Jonathan de Boyne Pollard)
Re: Android Mythbusters (Phil Colbourn)
Re: Toyota uncontrolled acceleration (Jeremy Epstein, Graham Reed)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)