[RISKS] Risks Digest 25.88

Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 20:57:27 PST
RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Saturday 26 December 2009  Volume 25 : Issue 88

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/25.88.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Insurgents Hack U.S. Drones (PGN)
Another user interface fatal accident in Afghanistan (Mark Thorson)
Security in the Ether: Cloud Computing? Or "Swamp" Computing?
  (Lauren Weinstein)
HP's facial-recognition can't recognize black people's faces (Randall Webmail)
Alert: Twitter apparently hacked (Lauren Weinstein)
Silent Hybrid Nearly Causes Carbon Monoxide Poisoning (Bob Gezelter)
UAL: Another risk of weather for computer based systems (Jared Gottlieb)
When the human model doesn't match the system model (Sean W. Smith)
Disconnects between the Real World and Cyberspace (Bob Gezelter)
Obscure GPS problems not just in remote areas (Jeremy Epstein)
On the Road with a GPS System (Gene Wirchenko)
GPS ads for captive bus riders (jidanni)
Cruise control failed to disengage (Steve Cody)
Re: LED Traffic Lights are efficient but cannot melt away snow (John Johnson)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)