[RISKS] Risks Digest 26.92

Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:53:23 PDT
RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Tuesday 17 July 2012  Volume 26 : Issue 92

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/26.92.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Major Snafu in New Zealand Election was 'Human Error' (Chris J Brady)
FDA spied on its own people - and then the evidence leaked
  (Peter Houppermans)
Deep packet inspection device purged of flaw that threatened TOR users
  (Ars Technica via Lauren Weinstein)
Cyberoam fixes SSL snooping hole in network security appliances
  (Lucian Constantin via Gene Wirchenko)
Privacy trumps cybersecurity! (PGN)
Wireless Device syncs through anyone's computer (Richard Karash)
In the UK, encryption implies potential guilt? (Lauren Weinstein)
China censoring video (Didi Tang via Rodney Van Meter)
FCC chief blasts Russia for passing Internet censorship bill
  (Brendan Sasso via Dewayne Hendricks)
Yahoo Passwords Stolen in Latest Data Breach (Drew Fitzgerald via
  Monty Solomon)
American Express security cluelessness (Jonathan Kamens)
Re: San Diego fireworks suffer a *slight* glitch (Joel Garry)
Re: A320 Lost 2 of 3 Hydraulic Systems on takeoff (Roger Hird)
Re: RBS computer failure condemns man (Martin Ward, Chris D.)
Re: UK considers broad Web site blocking by default (Chris D.)
Re: Taxing old browsers out of existence (Jonathan Kamens)
Announcement of civil timekeeping meeting (Rob Seaman)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)