[RISKS] Risks Digest 26.93

Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:17:51 PDT
RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Thursday 19 July 2012  Volume 26 : Issue 93

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/26.93.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Washington State wants to register voters via Facebook (Peter Houppermans)
Facebook security 'checkpoint' hits user roadblock (Antone Gonsalves via
  Gene Wirchenko)
Passwords leaked from Yahoo: Boozy, preachy, angry -- and easy (Stephen
  Lawson via Gene Wirchenko)
Bitcoinica exchange funds hacked, again (Mark Thorson)
Accidents due to confusion of units of measurement (jidanni)
Mom accessed school system 110 times to change kids' grades
  (Emil Protalinski via Monty Solomon)
Online identity theft up 200% since 2010 (Emil Protalinski via
  Monty Solomon)
Warning: Scams surrounding 2012 Olympics have already begun
  (Emil Protalinski via Monty Solomon)
"GPS watch to keep tabs on kids, seniors could hit Canada by autumn"
  (Christine Wong via Gene Wirchenko)
Re: FDA spied on its own people - and then the evidence leaked
  (Steven J Klein, Ken Knowlton)
Re: In the UK, encryption implies potential guilt? (David Alexandero
Re: Major Snafu in New Zealand Election was 'Human Error' (Gregor Ronald)
Re: Taxing old browsers out of existence (Dimitri Maziuk, Henry Baker,
  Jonathan Kamens, Arthur T.)
Re: Privacy trumps cybersecurity! (Dick Mills)
"Apple wins patent for transparent scroll bar" (Gene Wirchenko)
Re: Announcement of civil timekeeping meeting (J R Stockton)
Tests (Monty Solomon)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)