Xyplex terminal server bug

From: Aleksandr Pilosov (apilos01at_private)
Date: Wed Nov 26 1997 - 18:30:16 PST

    As long as we are talking about login bugs on various hardware, here's one
    I've found about 1.5 years ago (Hi, Jim and Andrew :)

    If terminal server configured for RADIUS authentication,PPP/CHAP and
    AutoProtocolDetect, typing Ctrl-Z in username> prompt will drop you
    directly to command line, as if you logged in correctly.
    This will not work to get past 'enable' password, though.

    I am not sure if Xyplex fixed that bug yet, but at least the following
    version of software is affected:
    TS/720 V6.0.1S1 Rom 4C0000 HW 00.02.01 Lat Protocol V5.2

    Hardware Type:       76
    Hardware Revision:   00.02.01
    Midplane Type:       SwitchPlane
    Rom Revision:        4C0000
    Software Type:       Terminal Server Level 4
    Software Revision:   V6.0.1S1
    Protocol Type:       LAT, TELNET, RLOGIN, TN3270, SNMP, PPP