Re: FW: Temporary fix for MSIE4.01 bug

From: Martin Johnson (M.Johnsonat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 16 1998 - 02:51:58 PST

    On dear.  Having turned "yes" to "no", if you now run up Microsoft
    Visual C++ V5.0 (SP2 in my case) you'll see the "no" change back to a
    "yes".

    REGEDT32 can be used on NT to make the Internet Explorer key
    read-only.  This stops the "no" changing back to "yes".  Predictably,
    it also stops the online documentation working in Visual C++.  It
    might also cause problems in IE since IE will lack the permission to
    change its registry data.

    - martin.