Re: Fix for SMB DOS attack posted

From: Paul Leach (paulleat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 13 1998 - 19:31:12 PST

    A bug Oliver privately reported (with more information and a repro program)
    was one of the ones fixed by the patch; it also fixed another one that I
    don't believe was reported (but since I was wrong about his...). I didn't
    realize he had posted a report about it to BUGTRAQ. I didn't want to mention
    his name without his permission. I'll gladly credit the other guy too, if he
    says its OK (I've sent mail).

    In any case, what I was really thinking and could have said better was that
    there was no publically released exploit.

    People worried about NT DOS attacks should also look at the LSA-FIX from
    last June. It fixed the problems mentioned by Paul Ashton in the archived
    message.