Re: Simple way to bypass squid ACLs

From: Henrik Nordstrom (hnoat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 03 1998 - 15:21:05 PST

    Mauro Lacy wrote:

    > You can also replace the URL by its numerical IP address(at least this
    > works for the proxy of my company) eg.:

    This is a well known problem with access control in proxies.

    > I suppose that in this case you have to add the numerical IP
    > of the URL in the ACL.

    Squid has a special-case for matching IP addresses. If a valid reverse
    lookup is registered then this name is used, else the psuedo-domain
    "none".

    # Deny IP based requests where no reverse lookup is available
    acl unknown_ip dstdomain none
    http_access deny unknown_ip
    # Deny forbidden sites
    acl badsites dstdomain playboy.com ....