Re: *sigh* another RH5 /tmp problem

From: Erik Troan (ewtat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 10 1998 - 06:22:15 PST

    On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Mark A. Spencer wrote:

    > RedHat 5, when using dhcp to configure the interface calls a script
    > called "ifdhcpc-done" to be executed after a dhcp interface is
    > configured. At the end of the process it updates resolv.conf:
    >
    > if [ -f /etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf ]; then
    >        echo "setting up resolv.conf" >> /tmp/dhcplog
    >        cp /etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf /etc
    > fi
    >
    > There is no protection against the dhcplog file being a symbolic link,
    > clobbering, blah de blah de blah...  (it seems pretty useless to maintain
    > it too, since this is the only message that ever seems to appear in the
    > log).

    This was an oversight on my fault. /tmp/dhcplog was a log file I was using
    when originally implementing dhcp support in our scripts. I've fixed this,
    and I'll have the update (initscripts-3.32) on our ftp site today.

    Thanks for pointing this out Mark.

    Erik

    |       "For the next two hours, VH1 will be filled with foul-mouthed,        |
    |          crossdressing Australians. Viewer discretion is advised."          |
    |   Linux Application Development  --  http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad    |