Re: MSIE buffer overrun

From: Russ (Russ.Cooperat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 20 1998 - 14:23:22 PST

    BTW, someone reminded me that this looked very similar to the "MK
    Overrun" exploit Dildog, from The l0pht, described in their advisory
    from 1/14/98.

    I set the MKEnabled registry entry to "No", and the exploit still works.
    Of course I'm testing on IE 4.01 (4.72.2106.8).

    Just an FYI in case you thought it was just a repeat of the same old
    bug. It may well be a minor variation, but its not the same bug.

    Cheers,
    Russ Cooper
    R.C. Consulting, Inc. - NT/Internet Security
    http://www.ntbugtraq.com