Re: AppleShare IP Mail Server

From: James W. Abendschan (jwaat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 07 1998 - 22:34:07 PDT

    On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
    > [Yet another buffer overrun? - I hope this isn't getting monotonous]
    >
    > I noticed this a while back but haven't seen any else mention it.
    >

    > There appears to be what looks like a buffer overrun problem with AppleShare
    > IP Mail Server.

    [ ... ]

    This (and other ASIP-related bugs) should be probably reported to the
    AppleShare IP mailing list (appleshareipat_private) as
    well as Bugtraq.

    In related news, you are filtering 548/tcp at your router, right?
    (port 548 is used by the ASIP file sharing stuff; it's analagous to
    ports 137-139 for windows systems.)

    James

    --
    James W. Abendschan