How to exploit mudge by AlephOne by JP AntiOnline

From: Dr. Mudge (mudgeat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 24 1998 - 10:55:37 PDT

    Uhm - Aleph had a early copy of my "notes" / paper before he wrote his
    (much improved) version that he published in Phrack. Certain parts were
    uncannilyly similar (http://www.l0pht.com/advisories/bufero.html)
    [original from 10/20/95].

    I did get an e-mail from Aleph saying thanks and appologizing for not
    putting a thanks / credit in the phrack article. In this case that was
    perfectly fine with me.

    Maybe Aleph got a similar letter from JP...

    but, when it all boils down to it... it's not really new stuff, and
    neither Aleph, myself, etc... can really take credit for the existence of
    buffer overflows being used in malicious fashions.

    To wit: check out Robert Morris Jr's gets() sploit in the 'morris worm' on
    Vax architecture [note, the Motorolla part for the old sun's does not work
    in the worm] - sheesh, that was back when??????

    cheers,

    .mudge