Re: feature Re: pine/pico vt control characters bug

From: Michal Zalewski (lcamtufat_private)
Date: Sat Apr 25 1998 - 14:32:43 PDT

    On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, GvS One wrote:

    > Hm... Guessing... Pine: Main Menu -> Setup -> configure, few lines
    > down...
    >
    >                [X] Pass-control-characters-as-is
    > ?
    >
    > ... or something like that. Don't you want to try it turned off while
    > reading such message? ;)

    Please, read carefully! I said about pico bug - pine shows message expanding
    it properly, but if you hit 'reply', or simply view evil txt file with
    pico (because pico is called if you're composing message)... Kaboom!

    > sorry to bother you, if I'm wrong and you had turned that feature off.
    > If so, and pico's control characters passing algorithm is incomplete,
    > we should fix it to work with termcap/terminfo databases to determine
    > what the characters are treated to be control.

    Yes, that's only the partial fix, but 0x9B is 'control character' for
    almost every newer terminal.

    Michal Zalewski [lcamtufat_private] <= finger for pub PGP key
    Iterowac jest rzecza ludzka, wykonywac rekursywnie - boska [P. Deutsch]
    [echo "\$0&\$0">_;chmod +x _;./_] <=------=> [tel +48 (0) 22 813 25 86]