Re: Serv-U FTP Exploit?

From: Kevlar (kevlarat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 30 1998 - 12:21:37 PDT

    One of the orinigal versions had just such an expliot. But that was fixed a
    long time ago, when the serv-u program was pretty new. The newest release
    is secure as far as I can tell.

    At 05:31 PM 4/29/98 -0500, Chris Kline wrote:
    >I've heard a few rumors about an exploit found in Serv-U FTP that supposedly
    >compromised all security and gave you full access to the servers hard drive,
    >including execution permissions.  Because of this I've been warned not to use
    >it, but no matter how much I search for an exploit, I can't seem to find it.
    >So can anyone confirm this exploit and show how it's done and what to do to
    >protect against it?

    -Kevlar
    <Kevlarat_private>

    My motto: Be good, Or be good at it.

    Oh, I'm sorry... Was I not suposed to EXPORT STRONG CRYPTO?
    print pack"C*",split/\D+/,`echo
    "16iII*o\U@{$/=$z;[(pop,pop,unpack"H*",<>
    )]}\EsMsKsN0[lN*1lK[d2%Sa2/d0<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<J]dsJxp"|
    dc`

    Beat your algorithms into swords and your virtual machines into spears...
    Let the weak say, "I am strong".