Serv-U FTP Exploit?

From: Chris Kline (ChrisKat_private)
Date: Wed Apr 29 1998 - 15:31:38 PDT

    I've heard a few rumors about an exploit found in Serv-U FTP that supposedly
    compromised all security and gave you full access to the servers hard drive,
    including execution permissions.  Because of this I've been warned not to use
    it, but no matter how much I search for an exploit, I can't seem to find it.
    So can anyone confirm this exploit and show how it's done and what to do to
    protect against it?