Re: mean vfs bug in *bsd

From: matthew green (mrgat_private)
Date: Sun May 31 1998 - 05:57:39 PDT

       As we upgraded to freeBSD 2.2.6-STABLE the following bug came to my attention:
       when linking a device like /dev/null to a file on a NFS mounted fs
       the machien freeses.
       This has been reported to freeBSD, however bsdi seems to be
       vulnerable too. Crashes have also been reported on 2.2.5 systems

    i can not repeat this problem under NetBSD 1.3, or higher, and
    looking at the CVS history it appears that this bug was fixed
    by mycroft sometime before NetBSD 1.2 was released.  i don't
    have access to any NetBSD 1.1 machines to test.

    .mrg.