ccasserole.c

From: john smar (jsmarat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 05 1998 - 15:04:55 PDT

    I hope this hasn't been discussed already but..
    i searched the bugtraq archives and didn't find anything so if its known
    please
    ignore this post but please respond to me in email. My work has been
    under attack lately by something
    called "chicken casserole", it constantly crashes all of our winnt/win95
    and linux machines.
    i long ago applied all of the hotfixes and upgraded all of our linux
    machines to redhat 5.1
    so they're running the newest kernel (0.34). nothing appears in any of
    the log files, the machine just spontaniously reboots. A bunch of
    kids from #hackphreak on the undernet keep bragging that they're doing
    it and using a DoS exploits called "chicken casserole" and keep dumping
    me parts of a program called "ccasserole.c" written by drhoney and
    someone named nub. I asked in efnet #linux
    and they told me no security vulnerabilitys exist that are not on cert
    or bugtraq, so that i should look here, but i dont see anything. If
    anyone
    knows anything about chicken casserole please respond to me or to the
    list
    so i can keep these kids from constantly crashing my machines.