Re: Correction on IBM "3com" 8237 (and others ?) "feature"

From: pmsacat_private
Date: Tue Jun 09 1998 - 13:21:27 PDT

    Sorry to bother you all again, this will be my last mail about the subject.
    I managed to overcome the checksum problem and have written a dirty little
    program that will, based on a chunk of the firmware, ask for a new login and
    password and then show how that chunk must be rewritten (you still have to
    do this by hand). The program source is available on demand. The login is
    reduced to 9 characters instead of the usual 14, and some of the missing
    bytes are used to make an checksum correct image.
    Thanks go to Russell Coker (bofhat_private), who's mail made me go back
    and see what gross mistakes I had made on previous attempts.

    Have a nice day.