Re: Full Armor

From: avarice (wargamesat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 09 1998 - 12:12:46 PDT

    This would by my first post to bugtraq, but I have some experience with this
    program so i thought maybe i could give my 2 cents worth... In addtion to this
    exploit myself and some friends got bored one evening and found ourselves at
    Walmart playing with thier display machines.. These machines were also running
    Full Armor, which would have been our first encounter with teh program (as for
    a time frame this would have been about a year ago, last summer).  After
    playing for a few minutes we learned that Full Armor was the cause of all our
    lockouts, we tried everytrhing against it, short of a boot disk to no avail..
    Eventually we got passed it by waiting for the target box to boot up and then
    turning it off...As anyone who runs '95 will tell you, when you turn it back on
    scandisk comes up as well...it is possible to ctrl-break out of scandisk and
    thus get an unprotected dos prompt, from there  you can modify whatever files
    you want, including full armors and effectively disable its protection....I
    hope taht someone finds this useful..

    -la