Re: Microsoft Insecurity...

From: Courteney van den Berg (cjvat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 22 1998 - 10:00:45 PDT

    This is an OLE structured storage problem, not a Microsoft application
    problem (although very few non-Microsoft apps use OLE structured
    storage).  It was fixed on Windows95 a long time ago by an OLE patch
    (see MS KB article Q139432).  Microsoft need a kick in the pants for
    leaving such an old bug in their latest release of MAC OLE though.  I
    guess the MAC OLE source is probably based on an ancient version of the
    PC OLE code.

    CJ van den Berg
    Computer Information Systems Department
    CfaN