qpopper security hole fix from Qualcomm soon

From: Laurence Lundblade (lglat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 29 1998 - 17:30:56 PDT

    Here at Qualcomm, we have the fix for the qpopper buffer overrun problem.
    It should be up on our FTP server Tuesday. It will be available as a patch
    or the full tar ball and will be qpopper version 2.5.  The URL to watch is:
    ftp://ftp.qualcomm.com/eudora/servers/unix/popper

    We're sorry about this problem. Qpopper was once checked for this in the
    past by a person that has long since left the company. (Which I guess means
    we can't do anything to him)

    Laurence Lundblade
    QUALCOMM Inc.