Qpopper

From: digi (digiat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 01 1998 - 19:11:42 PDT

    Today, qpopper 2.52 was installed on saturn. (our primary server). Later
    today, it was compromised, the intruders claimed to of used that to gain
    root access. Neither of the intruders had access to the system before they
    attempted to compromise it, I didnt see any message saying that only one
    specific version was patched, so a coworker assumed that it was patched
    and installed it. Either 2.52 is insecure, or the intruders are lying.

    -- Brian Hourigan