Re: More potential ASP problems

From: Paul Ashton (paulat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 06 1998 - 14:58:11 PDT

    f.c.w.donckat_private said:
    > Apart from the http://www.domain.com/xxxx.asp::$DATA in ASP applications
    > there may also a http://www.domain.com/global.asa which may contain session
    > variables and user-id/password combinations for entering databases and the
    > like.

    microsoft did list .asa files as one of several that needed to be
    protected. I've also downloaded .dll, .exe, and .cfm files. I'm sure
    there are many others. It is nothing to do with ASP applications,
    just the fact that content handlers don't understand the type of any
    particular file which doesn't have the correct .XXX extension.

    http://www.scripting.com has some amusing anecdotes of credit card
    database passwords and a frequent flier database password being
    recovered.

    Paul